Williams & Burns Contracting does not compromise on safety. We work under our Site Management Plan’s that detail all our OH&S policies, our SWMS, our MSDS, and our Site Safety Rules and Workplace Information. We ensure our employees are up to date with training in safe work practices and they are aware of the importance of being aware of workplace dangers and how to minimise risks.
Work Health and Safety Policy
1.1 This Work Health Safety & Welfare policy has been developed to comply with all relevant Work Health and Safety (WHS) legislation, codes of practice and appropriate standards.
2.1 This policy applies to all employees, contractors and visitors of Williams & Burns Contracting Pty Ltd.
- Policy Statement:
3.1 Williams & Burns Contracting Pty Ltd recognises the importance of providing all employees/contractors and persons who may be affected by the operation of the organisation with a safe and healthy work environment.
Williams & Burns Contracting Pty Ltd is committed to the pursuit and ultimate sustainability of a Zero harm incident rate. To achieve this, management is committed to providing all appropriate resources, necessary tools and procedures to facilitate the success of this business objective.
4.1 To ensure the health, safety and welfare of the employees, contractors, visitors of Williams & Burns Contracting Pty Ltd as well as the health and safety of members of the public.
4.2 Identify and control hazards in the workplace through hazard identification and risk assessment.
4.3 To ensure that all employees and contractors consult on a regular basis on work health safety issues.
4.4 To ensure regular safety meetings are conducted in consultation with the employees and contractors to promote a proactive approach to WHS within the company.
4.5 Allow the public to have a say on any WHS issues that could have a direct or indirect impact on their safety.
4.6 Have in place systems to monitor the impact on the environment.
4.7 To comply with as far as reasonably practical WHS legislation and any standards that may be relevant.
4.8 To provide injury management and rehabilitation for all employees and contractors.
4.9 To provide ongoing training and development of skills of the employees.
4.10 To ensure the monitoring and continual improvement of the WHS management system.
Williams & Burns Contracting Pty Ltd will:
5.1 Provide safe equipment and systems of work.
5.2 Ensure that all documentation is completed, stored and reviewed.
5.3 Provide correct information, instruction, supervision and training for employees and contractors to complete their tasks competently and safely.
5.4 Comply with legislation, legal requirements and standards.
5.5 Investigate any accident/incident or near misses and use the appropriate actions to remedy these WHS issues.
5.6 Implement any changes to the working environment that will improve the overall safety of the work place.
5.7 Monitor and review the safety systems through internal and external audits.
5.8 Aim for a zero harm incident rate for the employees, contractors, visitors and members of the public.
- Senior Management responsibilities:
6.1 Senior Management is to ensure that all of the objectives within this policy are developed and implemented. It is the responsibility of senior management to assist supervisors and managers with the implementation of the policy within the areas of their control and consult with the supervisors and managers on matters of safety.
- Supervisors and Managers responsibilities:
7.1 It is the responsibility of the supervisors and managers to assist senior management in the implementation of this policy by complying with the objectives and procedures stated within this policy.
- Employee responsibilities:
8.1 It is the responsibility of all employees to co-operate with the supervisors and managers by complying with, so far as reasonably practical the safe work instructions given to them. It is also the responsibility of all employees to ensure their own safety and to take all care not to endanger their lives or the lives of others while at work.
- Contractors responsibilities:
9.1 All contractors engaged to perform work on the premises or locations are required to comply with the occupational health and safety policies, procedures and programs of Williams & Burns Contracting Pty Ltd and to observe directions on health and safety from supervisors and managers and senior management of Williams & Burns Contracting Pty Ltd. Failure to comply or observe a direction will be considered a breach of the contract and sufficient grounds for termination of the contract.
Williams & Burns Contracting Pty Ltd is a fast growing, well respected mechanical services company that is involved in a full range of commercial and residential projects within the greater Melbourne and regional areas.
It is the policy of Williams & Burns to provide a service that exceeds our client’s expectations. We do this by attracting the best qualified employees and seeking and using reputable, high quality sub-contractors and products.
To ensure that these objectives are met, Williams & Burns has adopted a Quality Management System. This Quality System provides clients with the assurance that the projects completed by Williams & Burns will be of a consistently high standard.
The management of Williams & Burns is totally committed to the implementation and maintenance of this Quality Management System and, in turn, expects every employee to contribute and support it. All employees of the company are aware of these quality objectives and strive to meet them.
The Quality Management System and Quality Policy will be continually reviewed and changed as part of Williams & Burns’ commitment to develop and continually improve the processes and procedures of our business. This will be evidenced by reviewing the quality objectives in line with the Williams & Burns business plan and strategic future of the company.
- Design, supply and install mechanical services projects to exceed the clients expectations
- Produce a defect free product first time
- Use the best quality products from reputable suppliers
- Use the best qualified and resourced sub-contractors
- Provide a workplace that will attract quality people
- Create and maintain a safe working environment for all staff, con-contractors and visitors
Williams & Burns Contracting Pty Ltd is committed to implementing best practice in environmental management and to the preservation and enhancement of the environment.
This commitment extends to ensuring that the company’s operations make the most efficient use of natural resources and energy, and that our impact on natural ecosystems and life supporting functions is either minimal or positive.
- Minimise wherever possible, the production of greenhouse gasses and ozone depleting substances.
- Achieve 5 and 6 Star Energy Efficiency Ratings
- Promote the use of renewable energy.
- Implement environmentally friendly purchasing policies that favour minimal packaging, whole-of-life analysis of products, and maximum durability of goods.
- Promote the waste hierarchy of avoidance, reduction, reuse, recycling, (in that order) as preferred alternatives to disposals.
- Be sensitive to the environmental constraints on our operations, including sensitivity to shortages in natural resources such as fresh water.
- Be sensitive to the environmental constraints on our operations, including a sensitivity to shortage in natural resources such as fresh water.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements and current industry standards.
- Be aware of and have respect for the heritage values relevant to the sites where we operate.
- Attempt to have either no impact or a positive impact on natural systems.
- Promote internal reporting methods that describe the environmental, social and economic impacts of our operation.